- Plan to arrive early! Due to the large scale of the event, lots of people will be attending, so plan on getting to the gate at least 40 minutes before the scheduled opening time.
- Plan for lots of lines. Autograph lines will be the worst, followed by regularly scheduled events. Remember, patience is a virtue. :)
- Don't be fooled by the large crowd level, regular attractions will more than likely be running at normal capacity or even under due to everyone participating at the events. Take advantage of scheduled events, especially the parade to experience your favorite attraction with less wait.
- Check the park map for the day to confirm select times for events as they are subject to change.
- Dressing up can be fun and can add to the experience of Star Wars Weekends
- Merchandise can get sold out quickly so buy early in the day and if you can, attend the first or second weekend of the event. If there is something you want to buy, buy it.
- A lot of the same merchandise found at Tatooine Traders can be found near the exit to Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular and Golden Age Souvenirs (near exit to Sounds Dangerous)
- The best seats for the afternoon parade are sitting on the half walls in front of the Academy Hall of Fame (area with all the bronze busts of celebrities) because no one can sit/stand in front of you.
- Be sure to make reservations for lunch & dinner ahead of time at the sit down restaurants as you'll not want to have to compete with everyone for somewhere to sit and be in the air conditioning. Having a reservation will vastly decrease the time you'll have to wait.
- Consult these Top 10 Star Wars Weekend Tips
If you plan to participate in the Trivia contest, SIGN UP early in the morning (preferably after getting your wristbands), as they only allow 50 players a day. Sign up booths are on the way to Star Tours.
Useful planning articles
Bring your camera with lots of film/memory! Another must...
Prepare for heat!!! Florida in June can get very hot
Do wacky stuff that will get you noticed. (not necessarily getting in a fight or anything) but do unusual stuff like wearing your hair in princess leia buns or painting your face like Darth Maul. There are not many people who do this, and it will get you noticed by not only the stars but other fans.
NOTE: You can also bug the stormtroopers at the Q&A sessions. Not only is it fun, but it draws attention ;)
Get good viewing spots for the Motorcade parade. Pictures are hard to get so make sure to get good spots where you're not stuck behind some lady who stands in the middle of the parade route, blocking good "Kodak moments".
Visit other parts of the park. The park itself has a lot of neat stuff, so don't just stay around the Star Wars area.
Keep track of time! Make sure to analyze and study the events and times so you won't miss out on anything special!
Expect to get jealous! Some Star Wars fans there will have the coolest collectibles ever and it's a great opportunity to see what else is out there.
Lines for attractions can be expected but if you want to buy Star Wars souvenirs at Tatooine Traders be prepared! It can a long time to buy something in there (up to an hour sometimes)! (We came up with the theory that the best time to buy stuff is during the motorcade and QandA session but I wouldn't miss that...)
NOTE: Best times to visit Tatooine Traders are RIGHT after presentations such as the Q&A session, and the Disney parade in the afternoon (NOT THE STAR WARS PARADE AT NOON, since it ends right next to the store).
For some rides, you can use Disney's FAST PASS. Visit our TICKET INFO page for more information.
NOTE: This system will ALSO be used for autographs, so please get acquainted with it!
Wait until 7pm to ride STAR TOURS. The lines take about 2 minutes to get through since everyone is leaving.
If you're an Indiana Jones fan, and want to go to the stunt show, try to get there early so that you can become an extra!
So far, those are all the tips we have (and can give away). :) If you have any, please contact us.